Sabbatical Reflections - Part I
"To fill the hour and leave no crevice ... that is happiness."This is how I feel about my sabbatical. Happy. With my official back-to-work date of May 1st fast approaching, I've been reflecting on the past 11 months:
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Did I meet my original goals of trying contract work? No.
Did I rest and play? Yes.
Did I travel? Not very far.
Did I create a home - a foundation in which I can heal, love and grow? Yes.
Did I make money doing work I love? A little.
Did I rack up more debt than expected? You betcha.
Do I have any regrets? None.
It still amazes me that I've never once felt bored during my time off. I'm sometimes overjoyed and overwhelmed by a strong feeling that the past 11 months were good and true to my life path - not always easy - but good and true.
To plagiarize and put my own spin on Mr. Emerson's quote above: "To fill the year and leave no crevice ... that is happiness."

1 Comments:
how many people can say that they are happy? that they have an environment that they call home? that they play and laugh? Congratulations on discovering the true meaning of the word happiness in these last 32 years and 11 months. : )
Post a Comment
<< Home