Friday, November 09, 2007

On Creativity...

Creativity is God's gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.

- Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way


I think creativity is part of my calling.

When I experience creative energy, whether mine or someone else’s, I feel alive. My senses become extra aware of sights, sounds and smells. I feel connected to something bigger than myself.

I felt it at last week's presentation by M. Gilbert Cadieux, Corporate Sales Manager, Cirque du Soleil, as he described the creative energy that permeates Cirque's headquarters in Montreal. I felt it when I returned to my Thursday morning writers group yesterday and spent two hours among writers caught up in the creative flurry of National Novel Writing Month. I felt it when I watched Mr. Dressup as a kid and sat mesmerized at the stories he could pull out of his magical tickle trunk.

I suspect creativity will play a major role in my life - maybe even in my career. When I experience creative energy, I feel content and at peace.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jag said...

Ah yes, the Tickle Trunk... and do you remember how Mom always had us keep a craft drawer? I still remember mine - full of popsicle sticks, glue, yarn, buttons, coloured construction paper, empty toilet paper rolls, macaroni... Do kids even know how to make sock puppets any more?!!

Can't remember if I sent you this before. I recently had coffee with a lady who completed her Masters of Science in Creative Studies. I thought of you immediately. Check out the program at: http://www.buffalostate.edu/creativity/

Talk to you soon!
xox

6:03 p.m.  
Blogger Steph said...

I DO remember the craft drawer. In my case it was a big shoebox (must've been Dad's shoes). I even had my own craft table in my room! Remember the orange & white change table?

Mom unknowingly fostered what could become part of a lifelong passion - or maybe she knew all along. :)

Steph
xox

9:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home